Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
HeatherM1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Creating a Content Index on a Second Dataset - Advice Please?

Jump to solution

CM 9.2

Windows 7

I would appreciate some advice on the following:

We have 2 datasets running on the one workgroup server - Production and Training.  Production already has a document content index enabled (IDOL) and it's running fine.

I need to create a document content index for the Training dataset.  Is it simply a matter of highlighting it in Enterprise Studio, right clicking, selecting Content Index and create IDOL, then ensuring it's enabled in Event Processing?  Or is it more complex than that?  i.e. Do i need to turn any services off, etc?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Creating a Content Index on a Second Dataset - Advice Please?

Jump to solution

Hi Heather

Your steps are really all there is to it. If you're already running Content Indexing as an Event, your Workgroup Server will automatically consume IDOL events for any dataset (after a Save and Deploy).

Note: records created to-date in your Training dataset will not be content indexed; to reindex those records, you will need to execute a reindex process manually via the CM Thick Client as an Administrator.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Heather

Your steps are really all there is to it. If you're already running Content Indexing as an Event, your Workgroup Server will automatically consume IDOL events for any dataset (after a Save and Deploy).

Note: records created to-date in your Training dataset will not be content indexed; to reindex those records, you will need to execute a reindex process manually via the CM Thick Client as an Administrator.

HeatherM1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks so much, Sten!  :)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.