Contributor.. andywood Contributor..
Contributor..

Custom Record Options in Web Client

Is there a way of adding a custom record option in the web client that creates a popup similar to the one associated with standard options. I am trying to include an option that looks and feels similar to the other popups from menu options (greying out the background and having a dialog in the centre of the screen) but it does look like there is a simple way to do it 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Custom Record Options in Web Client

Do you mean you would like to see a record entry form that appears the same way in the full desktop client?

This might depend a lot on the version that you are running. I think that the latest version, 9.3, looks very similar to the full client.

But to answer more directly, out of the box there isn't a way to edit the appearance of the record entry form. You can edit the fields that appear on the form.

The SDK (Software Development Kit) is a way to create and customise your own solutions and appearances. The barrier to entry is high though, you need to be able to write code. There are options available through our professional services team or use a business partner to develop a custom solution for you.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Contributor..

Hi Greg,
I think you have misunderstood the question. I am attempting to create a custom action for a record (in the More section) and I wish to have the format of the popup the same as the other actions (such as the edit metadata screen). So you see I am trying to mimic the look and feel not the functionality. I can already do that.
It was a secondary question to run the same web app from all clients (full, desktop, web and custom - we have an explorer add-in) and I know I can achieve that now retaining the same look and feel.
0 Likes
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

There is a new feature in 9.3 called Metadata Validation Rules that might suit your purpose.

It allows you to create custom pop-ups/messages when certain criteria has been met, e.g. if a record title has the word "test" in it, you could have a message appear to the user that says "Please enter a more specific title!" You can validate against almost any field, including additional fields.

These rules can either be mandatory (use cannot bypass rule) or optional (user can save record despite warning).

These rules will work in both the desktop and web client experience.

It's the closest I've seen the mimicking the "look and feel" within the CM experience, without having to go the full custom development route.

It may not be entirely related to custom Actions, but it may get you one step closer to 'directing' the user experience, and help to maintain data quality/integrity.

0 Likes
Contributor..

Thanks for that but unfortunately that won't help with a custom add-in. It does however tell me that there is no easy access to the style sheets and interface to allow similar behaviour. I will stick with a custom look and feel.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.