Highlighted
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Data Integrity Check in MF CM9.3.1.300 took 3 & 1/2 days for 4 Mil docs

Hi all,

Data Integrity Check in MF CM 9.3.1.300 took 3 and half days for 4 Mil docs, (In the TEST environemnt TRIM Store) is this normal...? We have monitored the infrastructure (CPU, Memory, Network, ) ... Most of the activity is network talking to the store folder......

The production TRIM store size ( HPE RM 8.3) was interogated for les than a day and half...

What is happening?

Anyone noticed the same/similar issue ...? Micro Focu Content Manager 9.3.1.300

Thanks

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Admiral
Admiral

How big is your document store?
Chances are your test environment is on slower disks - did you check the stats for the drive where your store folder lives?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Thanks,

maybee.

I don't have any additional data about the hard drives specs in our TRIM Stores, but would that really be the main reason for this slowness..? I will try to get the specs anyway.

Nobody else?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I only did a test with a tiny amount of documents (~6000) but i do believe it is slower in CM9 compared to RM8 to run these tests.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Thank You Joshua!

So, I am not the only one 🙂

Much appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

it has been suggested to me that the reason it is taking longer in CM9.3.1 is that unlike previous versions it is checking the hash value of the documents in the store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

We're on 9.1 and 5.4 million docs took about 14 hours.  We're use the option to only log errors, and we are not running corrections.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Thanks, I asked the Server's Team member who did the integrity check, and I will let you know which way we went....

cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Hi,

the answer is :

Same options as you did.

Log only errors

do not fix the error

The IT team who was doing the CPU/Network monitoring said: Most of the activity is: network talking to the store folder ....apparently, that's where the investigation should be done..... but...who knows...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.