Highlighted
JanineK Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Dataport - Retention Schedules

Jump to solution

Hi All, I'm trying to use Dataport to import a number of new retention schedules. We are currently using Version 8.3. I keep encountering this error message when i run the import:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

If anyone has any expertise in this area I would greatly appreciate any assistance. I have attached the spreadsheet i was using. I saved this as a Unicode text file to run the import. 

many thanks

Janine

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Dataport - Retention Schedules

Jump to solution

Hi again Shelley - Thanks for your assistance however i seem to have resolved this one. 

I exported some existing schedules in TRIM and use this as the basis for the new schedules. It appears that i was missing a few columns. Once i populated all the columns the import ran with no problems. 

Thanks Again

Janine

3 Replies
Shelley Mac Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Janine

Are you able to send a screen shot of the Dataport Screen?

Cheers

Shell

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shelley, I've attached a number of screenshots - hopefully this was what you were after!

thankyou!!

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi again Shelley - Thanks for your assistance however i seem to have resolved this one. 

I exported some existing schedules in TRIM and use this as the basis for the new schedules. It appears that i was missing a few columns. Once i populated all the columns the import ran with no problems. 

Thanks Again

Janine

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.