Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Valued Contributor.. koubre Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Datasets not redeploying after updates

Jump to solution

We are using 9.1.  When updates are pushed to our server, which causes a restart, our datasets are not redeploying after the restart.  I have to manually go in and hit redeploy.  However, we have 3 datasets, and I only have to redeploy 1 of them for all 3 to reconnect.  

Any thoughts on out to get the datasets to redeploy automatically?  We've had a ticket open for awhile with no solution.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Datasets not redeploying after updates

Jump to solution

Your Workgroup Server Services are what controls access to your Datasets. It makes sense that deploying from 1 affects all datasets in that sense.

As Greg mentioned, Windows Services are the first thing you should check after a reboot; for 9.1, this would be the HPE Content Manager Workgroup Service

From experience (to support Greg's advice) it's best to set the startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start) - the service may have trouble starting automatically after a reboot, otherwise.

2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Seems like a simple question however there tends to be a lot of variables in a situation like this.
what it sounds like to me, is you need a delayed start on your workgroup service. Try using the Windows service settings to delay the WGS startup by a few minutes and see if that resolves it.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
Highlighted
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Your Workgroup Server Services are what controls access to your Datasets. It makes sense that deploying from 1 affects all datasets in that sense.

As Greg mentioned, Windows Services are the first thing you should check after a reboot; for 9.1, this would be the HPE Content Manager Workgroup Service

From experience (to support Greg's advice) it's best to set the startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start) - the service may have trouble starting automatically after a reboot, otherwise.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.