Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. MARTINM_HP Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Default Document Store.

Jump to solution

We recently created a new Default Document Store, now we have two document stores.  Store one is located in \\ds.centcom.smil.mil\DFS\HQ\Other\TRIM_Valut1 and store two is located within \\ds.centcom.smil.mil\DFS\HQ\Other\Trim_Vault2.

I inserted the path for the new default Document Store into Enterprise Studio: \\ds.centcom.smil.mil\DFS\HQ\Other\Trim_Vault2 

Additionally I created a new Document Stores within the TRIM Client and put %Global%\ for the Store Location. Then I went to the ‘Configure Usage’ option of that Doc Store and selected the ‘Set as global Default store’.  Last I marked all records types to use this Doc Store.

Now when I search for records which are located within the original doc store I am receiving an error. It would seem that TRIM is looking for the records within the incorrect Doc Store.

The error:

Error extracting Record D11/118239. Function request (Extract Document) for HP TRIM Workgroup Server ‘HQSVTRM11’ failed. Cannot read the file ‘\\ds.centcom.smil.mil\DFS\HQ\Other\Trim_Vault2\TP\502\003\005\0B8H0WQ400B.VMBX’. The system cannot find the path specified. (0x00000003).

As you can see TRIM is looking for the record within TRIM_Vault 2 instead of TRIM_Vault1. I know that the record is located within that exact location on TRIM_Vault1.

How can I make TRIM search for this record in the correct Document Store?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Solution

Jump to solution

Problem solved by HP helpdesk. See Below Solution…

Based on the information I provided HP HELPDESK provided the following solution…

Solution

In that case there is no need to change the document store path in TES. To correct the error, please revert back the path to Vault1.

Since you need to close a document store, when it reaches the 2 TB capacity, I would recommend doing the following:

-Close the document store by removing any Record Type references to it using the Record Type - Properties - Electronic tab and create a new one to replace it (you already performed this)

-Change each Record Type to use the new store using the Record Type - Properties - Electronic tab. Use FQDN not %Global%. Additionally users should still access the original store (should still be configured in TES)

-If the document store will no longer be updated, you can set it to be Read-Only.

Also there is a rule when using document stores:

-You cannot remove an electronic document store if it currently holds documents. Documents must be transferred to another store before the selected store can be deleted.

So basically, when the store is full, close it and create a new one. Then create the new store and set it as the default.

Any Record Types linked to the default will now use the new store. This means that you will not need to change the store link for each Record Type

So I think that you already performed all the steps. The only problem was to change the document store path in TES.

Regards,

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member..

Additional Info...

Jump to solution

The problem that I am running into is that TRIM_Vault1 is a separate file system then TRIM_Vault2. Command Policy is to replace a file system once it reaches 2 TB. TRIM­_Vault1 has reached 2TB and now TRIM_Vault2 has been provided for TRIM Doc Stores.

Two Problems:

1.        I cannot transfer documents from the TRIM DOC STORE located within TRIM_Vault1 for obvious reason.

1.        Once I put the file path for TRIM_Valut2 into Enterprise Studios Default Document Store Path, I can no longer retrieve documents located within TRIM_Vault1.

How can I use TRIM to manage multiple File Systems?

\\ds.centcom.smil.mil\DFS\HQ\Other\TRIM_Valut1

\\ds.centcom.smil.mil\DFS\HQ\Other\TRIM_Valut2

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Solution

Jump to solution

Problem solved by HP helpdesk. See Below Solution…

Based on the information I provided HP HELPDESK provided the following solution…

Solution

In that case there is no need to change the document store path in TES. To correct the error, please revert back the path to Vault1.

Since you need to close a document store, when it reaches the 2 TB capacity, I would recommend doing the following:

-Close the document store by removing any Record Type references to it using the Record Type - Properties - Electronic tab and create a new one to replace it (you already performed this)

-Change each Record Type to use the new store using the Record Type - Properties - Electronic tab. Use FQDN not %Global%. Additionally users should still access the original store (should still be configured in TES)

-If the document store will no longer be updated, you can set it to be Read-Only.

Also there is a rule when using document stores:

-You cannot remove an electronic document store if it currently holds documents. Documents must be transferred to another store before the selected store can be deleted.

So basically, when the store is full, close it and create a new one. Then create the new store and set it as the default.

Any Record Types linked to the default will now use the new store. This means that you will not need to change the store link for each Record Type

So I think that you already performed all the steps. The only problem was to change the document store path in TES.

Regards,

0 Likes
Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Solution

Jump to solution

Yep, I was going to say that you shouldn't have altered the primary store path in the TES if your 1st Doc Store had %global% too.

Just leave all that and configure the paths on future stores manually instead of in the TES.

Glad support could help out.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.