Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Default Email Subject Title - Send to Mail Recipient

Jump to solution

Hi All, 

I've been asked a question about whether or not it's possible to configure the default email subject title when using the "Send to mail recipient" option from within HPRM 8.1. We send docs and references using the Outlook email form, not the forms provided with HPRM.

When the mail recipient option is used the subject title is prefixed with 

HP Records Manager CORPORATE DOCUMENT : DOCXX/XXX : Some Record Title

I've been attempting to find where the text prefix "HP Records Manager CORPORATE DOCUMENT" is being pulled from so we can shorten it to something like HPRM. I know the subject can be truncated manually but this is something we don't want to do on every send, especially where the record title is already long.

I can't seem to locate anything in the Admin options that would allow us to configure this text. I'm aware of captions  config but based on the help file it doesn't appear to be the options I'm after.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Basically, the following is the make up of the Subject Line that it uses:

HP Records Manager - HPRM is hard coding that phrase into the Subject Line

CORPORATE DOCUMENT   -  This is the name of the Record Type of the record being sent.  It's defined by the Administrator upon creating a record type.

DOCXX/XXX  -  This is the record number of the record as defined in it's record type configuration.

Some Record Title  -  This is being pulled from the field called Title of the record.

To my knowledge, there isn't anyway to change this "template" as you have noticed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Basically, the following is the make up of the Subject Line that it uses:

HP Records Manager - HPRM is hard coding that phrase into the Subject Line

CORPORATE DOCUMENT   -  This is the name of the Record Type of the record being sent.  It's defined by the Administrator upon creating a record type.

DOCXX/XXX  -  This is the record number of the record as defined in it's record type configuration.

Some Record Title  -  This is being pulled from the field called Title of the record.

To my knowledge, there isn't anyway to change this "template" as you have noticed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Many thanks for your input on this question TRIMGuru! I'll have to accept that the email subject title format is currently by design for the time being.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.