Delete Duplicate Contacts - HPERM 8.3
We've imported thousands of records through DataPort into HPERM 8.3
The Client names were incorrect, they still had the " " around them when they were imported.
That's all being fixed but now we're left with duplicate contacts for each record, exactly the same name. We want to delete one and leave one.
Re: Delete Duplicate Contacts - HPERM 8.3
What you need to do is the following (unfortunately quite a laboursome process):
1) Find the locations with the same name (you might want to rename one slightly so you know which one you want to keep in step 7
2) Tag the locations that you want to delete
3) Right-mouse click and select DELETE
4) If you had tagged multiple locations select ALL TAGGED ROWS and click OK, otherwise continue with step 5
5) Tick all the boxes on teh form, i.e. Private Access Control, Requests, Email Addresses and Associated Locations
6) Click on the QuickSelect button (depending on the TRIM version you are on don;t type the name first and then click
7) Find the location you want to keep (easiest through typing teh surname in the list of locatiosn, just start typing)
😎 Click OK when you have found it
9) Click OK to delete the tagged locations and replace it with the one you wanted to keep
Please note that this may, depending on how many locations you are deleting in one go and how many records were associated to these locations, have a sever impact on the performance of your system. It is possible that thousands of records are going to be updated an as such the Event Processor will become very busy.
I hope that this is what you were looking for. Ther emight be other ways but thsi is by far the safest option as teh integrity of the database will not be compromised.
EDRM Consultancy bv