Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
alby_white
Member.

Delete on Check In

I know this issue has been raised before

From the Dropped Files tab in Options:

Delete document after it has been processed - select for HPE Records Manager to delete the electronic document from the folder after checking it in. Recommended as good records management practice”.

Ticking this check box, does not, and has never, removed a document from a shared network drive using the Check In function. Only drag and drop will remove the document.

Can someone advise the purpose of the check box

We had a developer create an add-in that did remove documents from shared drives after check in, when we were on v7.3. Before we pay another developer to create a similar addin when we upgrade to CM 9, is there any way this function can be done out of the box.

Currently on 8.3.0.9365

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Delete on Check In

The original design was for local documents on a personal machine. It might be worth logging a support case to see if we can add the delete document from shared drives. 
I suspect though, because of the nature of a shared drive being used by multiple users it might not be an ideal situation to have documents being deleted.

Worth asking \ suggesting though

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.