Highlighted
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Destroying records with a relationship / Manual destruction

Hoping to gleam some case studies / some advice from the community on the following scenarios.

(Tested under 9.1.3)

Scenario 1:

When destroying a record with a related record, the disposition of the record becomes Inactive.

It won't be marked as Destroyed unless the relationship is removed.

Ideally, I'd like to find a way to keep the relationship, and have the record marked as Destroyed.

Scenario 2:

Sometimes, a record may be destroyed ahead of time, i.e. if its a Container created in error, or, if it's a Container which was never populated.

All records include a Retention Schedule and associated triggers. If I try to destroy the record early, a message will appear that says the record cannot be destroyed before its scheduled destruction date. 

I tried to create a Schedule with 2 triggers to get around this (i.e. Destroy 2 years after Last Action, Destroy immediately after Additional Field "Date Manually Destroyed" is populated) -- but, it appears that these triggers are treated in the "AND" sense, not the "OR" -- meaning all conditions must be met for the record to be destroyed instead of just one.

The only current solution I can see is to remove the Schedule from the record, allowing me to destroy the record. But, I then lose that history of knowing which Schedule the record was against.

Can any measures can be implemented to allow manual destruction that ignores a Schedule's disposal date?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.