Highlighted
Absent Member.. Meela Davis Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Displaying VMBX emails in mbxviewer via web solution

Hi

We have a web solution which will take a custom link to a TRIM document, and display it in the client's browser.

This works well for most file types. Office documents etc will open in the native application. We have an issue with displaying VMBX files however.

The MIME type is vmbx application/octet-stream, which instructs the browser to render the email (and any attachments) as text. If we append .vmbx to to the link, they open in mbxviewer, but this isn't an acceptable solution for the volume of links we are dealing with.

Can anyone help me with configuring the MIME type in IIS to instruct the browser to open VMBX emails in mbxviewer instead of rendering them as text?

Thankyou

Meela

TRIM 7.1 #1150

TRIM 7.1 (1150), Windows 7
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Sander Hoogwerf Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Displaying VMBX emails in mbxviewer via web solution

I'm affraid you'll need to fix this on the client side. On the user's machine, you'll need to bind the MIME type to the viewer by the vmbx extension.

See "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type" in the client registry on how other applications are handled.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.