Frequent Contributor.. PKAdmin Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Document Content Searching a ZIP file

Hi All

I have a question regarding searching and zip files.
The scenario is I have a record, Record number 'D20/1', it is a zip file, the contents of which are many nested window folders and many different electronic files throughout.
One of the files filename is "Client Number ABCDEFG.docx",
Inside this word document, there is the text "Client Number 12345678".

My question is if I searched for the record using the search method "Document Content", and my criteria was  "Client Number ABCDEFG.docx" or "Client Number 12345678", would my search return this record 'D20/1' (as well as any other record that had this criteria too)?

Cheers

Currently on: CM9.3, Patch 2, Hotfix 1

0 Likes
1 Reply
HeatherM1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Document Content Searching a ZIP file

CM9.2 9630, Patch 1, Hotfix 1

Hi PKAdmin,

Based on a quick test in our dataset (we have a number of zip files, too), using a Document Content search for "Client Number ABCDEFG.docx" won't return D20/1 , but document content searching for "Client Number 12345678" will work.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.