Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Document Review Set Up

Jump to solution

Good Afternoon Everyone, 

I am experimenting with the Document Review function in test and have encountered a few set up issues that I've been unable to resolve using Help.

1. The reviewer is set up on the record type in the Document Review tab (Doc Review is enabled in the System settings)

2. The Document Review page is added to the Form  

3. Since it is test there are no access restrictions

Now I think I understand that the document creator need to launch the review using a right click, but the only option I see in the right click menu under Document Review is View Comments.  Have I missed something? Is there a way to set it up so that the Document Review kicks off automatically rather than having the editor do a right click process?

Thanks in advance for any tips or ticks to using this feature that anyone has found.

~Deidre

Deidre Thieman, MLIS

Electronic Records Management Analyst
Multnomah County / Department of County Assets
Records Management: 503-988-3741
Pronouns: She/Her
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Member.
Hi Deidre

What we found when testing for a client was that only a user with Records Manager permissions and above could initiate the document review process. The only way around this at this stage is to create a custom user type to allow a Records Co-Ordinator the permissions to also initiate. This has been raised with MF in hopes of getting the access dropped down to Records coordinator.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Debi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I am interested in replies to this as we too have been testing this and found that the Editor has to start not only the review process but once review is completed they then start the authorisation process by right click (we are creating a toolbar for our users) - there doesn't appear to be automation, I think if we want automation then we go down either actions or workflow process to automate the process. But I am interested in others thoughts.

Shell

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..
Hi Shell,

Have you gotten it so that the Start Review process appears as an option
for your Editors? I can't seem to get the option to appear at all. We're
only seeing View Comments under the Documents Review Menu.

~Deidre
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

HI @deidret 

How have you set up the Document Review tab?  Has it been prefilled with the review and/or authoriser locations with the record type, or have you set it so that the user has to enter the locations to review and authorise?  That might be one of the reasons why you can't start the review process.

The other thing we found when testing Document Review was the user permissions also played a part in what options you see with the right click menu. 

And yes the review and authorisation processes do have to be started manually. 

Cheers

Debi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Yes I have, with our testing we have found that the user must register an electronic document to the record type with document review activated, if you do not have i.e. a word document on the metadata form then no the review wont be available as there is nothing to review.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

That was indeed the issue - no document attached to review. Thank you for the guidance. We now have the Start Review option appearing, so hopefully we can get the process working now.

~Deidre

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Debi,

Thank you for the guidance. We did have it all set set properly, we just didn't attach something to review! I knew there was something basic I was missing.

I'm curious about the permission issue you mentioned. Did you find that is was just that both editor and reviewer has to have permission set to say can be editor/can be reviewer? Was there a certain minimum user level that they had to have (i.e. editor could be a knowledge worker, but reviewer must be a records coordinator) or that the review had to be a higher level than the editor (i.e. one knowledge worker couldn't review another knowledge worker's document)?

Thank you again for the help!

~Deidre
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.
Hi Deidre

What we found when testing for a client was that only a user with Records Manager permissions and above could initiate the document review process. The only way around this at this stage is to create a custom user type to allow a Records Co-Ordinator the permissions to also initiate. This has been raised with MF in hopes of getting the access dropped down to Records coordinator.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Debi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Thank you for the additional information Debi. I agree that that is much too high a level for the Document Review to occur, so it is useful to know when we are considering using the process.

~Deidre

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.