Highlighted
SG76 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Drag & drop document from CM9 to New email mesasage in outlook - Inserting URL hyperlink

Hi all

We have just set up the web server URL in CM9.1 and are doing some testing.

This was done to allow access mobile access to the webclient.

We added the URL link to our CM9 email notifications so that when staff get an email they can either Click on the CM9 Reference(TR5 File) to access & view the document in CM9 or click on the URL link to access & view the document in the webclient if out of the office.

So for the tests have worked great but i came across something today that i need help with.

Now that we have set up the Web Server in the admin settings when you create a new email in outlook and drag & drop a document from CM9 to the email it insert a hyperlink (URL address) instead of inserting the electronic document.

Can this be changed so that it still inserts the electronic document without removing the web server details.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Strider_1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Drag & drop document from CM9 to New email mesasage in outlook - Inserting URL hyperlink

Hi SG76

I'm pretty sure you can't change the behaviour  but try a right mouse button drag instead of the left - should get a couple of different options...

Cheers

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. Leggy Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Drag & drop document from CM9 to New email mesasage in outlook - Inserting URL hyperlink

My understanding is that this is expected behaviour. I spent some time (unsuccessfuuly) looking for a solution/workaround, however I moved to a new role before escalating. I believe that the project was pulled because this limitation was not welcomed by a group of key users.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.