Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Morrissey Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Dragging & Dropping Emails - Duplicate data entry screen when capturing emails in 8.3

Has anyone come across the issue of "replica' data entry screens coming up on other users client workstations when 1 user is saving emails to RM via drag & drop? The Outlook  mailbox may have shared permissions on it but should this be happening?

HP RM 8.3.9365 with Office 2010

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelQ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Dragging & Dropping Emails - Duplicate data entry screen when capturing emails in 8.3

Outlook doesn't handle shared mailboxes appropriately. Microsoft are aware of the issue and, so far, have chosen not to fix it. Any addin that relies on events fired when email actions occur will suffer the same fate.

Solution: don't use addins on shared mailboxes.
Highlighted
Super Contributor.

Re: Dragging & Dropping Emails - Duplicate data entry screen when capturing emails in 8.3

Thanks Michael - *it would be good to know if this is still happening with 9.2 ; 9.3 ? - Anyone else out there having a similar issue with these versions?

0 Likes
JanMartin Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

If your users are open to moving to a web client, we have an "Outlook Web Connect" product that lets you drag and drop emails onto the browser to trigger an upload, including to the CM Web Client - I've just tested and it doesn't have the issue of duplicate entry forms.

Super Contributor.

Thanks Jan I will have a look at the icognition site

0 Likes
JanMartin Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

PM me your email and I'll send you through a trial copy

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.