SG76 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Email Notifications to Group Locations

We have just upgraded from RM 8.3 to Cm 9.1. In RM8 when we actioned correspondence to a group location it did not send an email notifcation to all staff in that group. Now in CM9 when we action something to a group every one in that group receives and email notification when the action is attached or completed.

Is there a way i can turn this off so no email notifications will be sent for group locations.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. AG_LTBit Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Email Notifications to Group Locations

Hi SG76,

Go to Administation > System Options > Notifications Tab and then uncheck 'When an activity or action assignee is an organization, expand to all members of the organization' (about 2/3 the way down the page).

Additionally, we have found that if the email address of the organization is not usable, it will send to the users associated as members even when the above setting is unchecked.

AG.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.ltbit.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
SG76 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Thanks for your reply.

That box was already unchecked.

Not only does each member of the group get an email notification when the action is assigned they also get one when it is completed. This didnt happen in RM8 & i cant seem to find a solution in CM9 to fix it.

0 Likes

Hi SG76,

Does the group location have a correctly formatted email address? I believe it has to be of the 'internet' type.

AG.

www.ltbit.com.au
0 Likes
SG76 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

No It doesnt have an email address.

In RM8 it didnt have an email address attached to it & it worked fine.

0 Likes

Hi SG76,

I think that might be a change in behaviour for 9.1.

Place a correctly formatted email address into the group location and see if you still get the notifications passed down. 
I guess the reasoning is that if the group doesn't have an email address the people in the group should receive the notification (just so someone gets them).

You can always place a generic email address in there that isn't monitored, or is set to automatically delete.

Hopefully that solves your issue. 

AG.

www.ltbit.com.au
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The change was made in 9 has a user requested enhancement, sometimes changes like these will affect business processes that you already have in place. An unfortunate side effect to improve something for one site might impact another.

My advice would be to play around with the way groups are assigned to the WF, from memory if you assign the group it's own email address then it will just be delivered to that one address (take that with a grain of salt)

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.