Highlighted
Morrissey Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Email address alert not sending emails to a shared folder in Outlook

Has anyone come across the problem of an RM alert sending emails to individual users ok, but not to a shared Outlook mailbox? there are no rules in place to prevent the email getting through to the shared mailbox

0 Likes
9 Replies
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Email address alert not sending emails to a shared folder in Outlook

Can't say that I have experienced this myself.

How's the email address presented? E.g. is it like of the following:

"ShareMailbox@org.com"

"#DLSharedMailBox@org.com"

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. davros29 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

I think we're seeing this behaviour in our environment.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this, @Morrissey? Or did you work around it? We're on 9.3.2.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. Miss4or Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Have you checked whether the shared mailbox is associated with a Content Manager location? if not, maybe try creating a profile for it and add the email of the shared mailbox to the electronic addresses tab of the profile?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Thanks, @Miss4or - that's how I'm doing it.

Alerts work for individuals and for some groups with email addresses but not for this particular email address associated with this particular group. I've manually tested sending an email (using Send-MailMessage) from the TRIM server to that email address and it gets through okay, which rules out Exchange blocking anonymous email to that address. I'm stumped, but still testing.

0 Likes
Strider_1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Is the user that the email address is associated with an internal location?

Something to do with the location type perhaps... organisation...person...workgroup...

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

It's an internal group. Would that be an issue?

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. Miss4or Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

I'd try making a test person with that email address and giving that a go
0 Likes
Strider_1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Yep, it could be that being a 'workgroup' is the issue, should be but...

Miss4or's suggestion is good, create a test person, associate the email address with it and then attach the alert. That should tell you quickly enough if RM is the issue or the email account (somehow...).

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Thanks, @Miss4or and @Strider_1. Tried creating a new location with a different type (internal Project Team - which works for another email address) and it's still not working.

I've done a quick check in AD and there are some differences between the working email address and the one that doesn't get through. Not sure if it's significant but I'll pass it on to our IT to look at.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.