Highlighted
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Error: Maximum number of expressions (record relationships)

Jump to solution

TRIM 7.12

We have a situation where 1200 project folders have had a relationship of alternativley within applied to a higher level record. The aternativley within relationship is used commonly in my organisation for the primarily purpose of grouping related folders together under a parent higher level record object (eg for projects).

When trying to expand the contents of this higher level record, or when navigating to Contained Records (+ Alternative), an error appears refering to "maximum number of expressions in a list is 1000", see attached

I've never thought there were any limitations for record relationships, even the 7.12 spec doco limitations section does not detail any.

I can however do a search for "Records that '#RecNum' is related to with type 'Alternatively Contains' and it returns the expected 1200 results fine.

Is this a limitation of some sort? Is this limitation of using Contained Records (+ Alternative) or something database/oracle related?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I think this is coming from an Oracle limitation on the number of expressions that can be handled in the query - which is 1000 and this has been resolved in later releases - it is the way the search was handled that was the problem here. Trim 7.31 contains the fix for this.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM that you are using in all posts)

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I think this is coming from an Oracle limitation on the number of expressions that can be handled in the query - which is 1000 and this has been resolved in later releases - it is the way the search was handled that was the problem here. Trim 7.31 contains the fix for this.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM that you are using in all posts)

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore Commodore
Commodore
Cheers Tony.
I suspected there was something not quite right with the search logic. We've got 8.11 in testing so will have to import some relationships and test.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

For the record, i can confirm this is resolved now that we are running HPRM 8.11 build 7760.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.