Trusted Contributor.. mlcourt Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Error Message HP.HPTrim Outlook Addin.AddinModule error. the add-in has fired an exception

Jump to solution

Dear All:

RM 8 Version 8.3.09436

Operating System Windows 2010

Outlook 2016

I have a client who recently started receiving this error message: HP.HP Trim Outlook Addin AddinModle error. the add-in has a fired an exception. 

Detailed Technical Information:

(Inner Exception) (Inner Exception)

Date and Time:        4/15/2019  3:41:46 PM Machine Name:

IP Address: Current User:

Application Domain:    C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett Packard Enterprise\Records Manager\

Assembly Codebase:      file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Hewlett Packard Enterprise/Records Manager/AddinExpress. MS0.2005.DLL

Assembly Full Name:  AddinExpress.MS0.2005, Version=6.5.3057.2005, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4416dd98f0861965

Assembly Version:       6.5.3057.2005

Exception Source:

Exception Type:        System.10 ..FileloadException

Exception Message:      Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.lnterop.Outlook, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

Exception Target Site: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

---- Stack Trace ----

(Outer Exception)

Date and Time:        4/15/2019  3:41:46 PM Machine Name:

IP Address: Current  user:

; Glication Domain:     C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett Packard Enterprise\Records Manager\

Assembly Codebase:    file:///C:/Program   Files (x86)/Hewlett  Packard  Enterprise/Records Manager/AddinExpress.MS0.2005.DLL

Assembly Full Name:   AddinExpress.MS0.2005,   Version=6.5.3057 .2005, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4416dd98f0861965

Assembly Version:     6.5.3057.2005

Exception Source:                   HP.HPTRIM.Outlook.Addin Exception Type:              System.10.FileloadException

Exception Message:    Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.lnterop.Outlook, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

Exception Target Site: AddinModule_Addinlnitialize

---- Stack Trace ----

HP.HPTRIM.Outlook.Addin.AddinModule.AddinModule_Addinlnitialize(sender     As  Object, e As EventArgs)

AddinExpress.MS0.2005.DLL: N 00000 (OxO) JIT

AddinExpress.MSO.ADXAddinModule.Extensibility.IDTExtensibility2.0nStartupComplete(custom                                                                                                                                                   As Array&)

AddinExpress.MS0.2005.DLL: N 0572 (Ox23C) IL

(Outer Exception)

Date and Time:        4/15/2019  3:41:46  PM Machine Name:

IP Address:

Current User:

Application  Domain:   C:\Program  Files (x86)\Hewlett  Packard  Enterprise\Records  Manager\

Assembly Codebase:    file:///C:/Program   Files  (x86)/Hewlett  Packard  Enterprise/Records Manager/AddinExpress.MS0  .2005.DLL

Assembly  Full Name:    AddinExpress .MS0.2005, Version=G.5 .3057 .2005, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4416dd98f0861965

Assembly Version:     6.5.3057.2005

Exception Source:

Exception Type:      AddinExpress .MSO .ADXExternalException Exception Message:    An error has occured in the code of the add-in.

Exception Target Site: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

---- Stack Trace ----

The issue started on April 10th.  I uninstalled all the Microsoft updates from April 10th.  This did not solve the problem.  I also uninstalled Google because there was an update for Google on the 10th. This did not solve the problem.  I uninstalled RM 8 and deleted the Trim registry key and reinstalled with RM 8.3.09436. This did not solve the problem. I also tried changing the load behavior in the Outlook add-in key from 2 to 3.This did not solve the problem.  I checked the .Net Framework. The .Net Framework is up to date. In addition, I looked at the user's permissions in the Addin Express.MSO.2005 DLL file. Those permissions are correct.  

I have not yet run a repair on Outlook or reset the PC. These will be my next steps. 

I know the issue must be connected with Microsoft's updates from April 10th, but I am not sure where else to look.  Any Thoughts???

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Error Message HP.HPTrim Outlook Addin.AddinModule error. the add-in has fired an exception

Jump to solution

Dear All:

Thank you for your suggestions.  I tried them all and they failed.  What solved the problem was an upgrade to CM 9.2.  I installed it last week and my client's issue disappeared.   Hopefully, whatever was causing the issue won't come back.  Thanks again, I appreciate the suggestions. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Jamie Smith Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Error Message HP.HPTrim Outlook Addin.AddinModule error. the add-in has fired an exception

Jump to solution

I would guess from the message that some security mechanism is preventing the MSO dll from loading.  If that is the case, then installing updates or reinstalling TRIM won't help.

Is this happening for all machines in the customer's environment?  Is it happening to just one?

Does the customer's Windows policy limit execution to trusted signed files?  Check the certificate which the MSO dll is signed with.  It should be the same as trim.exe.  If it's not, then perhaps the certificate isn't trusted?

Does the customer have some virus protection running that scans the DLL and prevents it from loading?

Strider_1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I get a very similar message on my PC after every patch upgrade to Office - it can only be fixed by a Repair of Office.

Stupid thing is I've got a stock standard set-up, like the other 900 users in our department and it only happens to me... go figure!

Outstanding Contributor.. Steve Macukat Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

We had a similar error message immediately after upgrading to RM8.3.  The solution was to run "regsvr32 TsjTiOEx.dll" at the command prompt.  According to my notes end-user privileges were sufficient.

I can't remember if "TsjTiOEx.dll" was in RM8.3, or if RM got confused & was looking for a legacy Trim7 file.  Anyway registering that DLL worked for us.

Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Dear All:

Thank you for your suggestions.  I tried them all and they failed.  What solved the problem was an upgrade to CM 9.2.  I installed it last week and my client's issue disappeared.   Hopefully, whatever was causing the issue won't come back.  Thanks again, I appreciate the suggestions. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.