Highlighted
MichaelQ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Error extracting record - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

Hello all,

We have an instance of 94.341 ServiceAPI that is throwing the subject error when extracting documents from Records. Please find the log entry below.

I understand the exception occurs when the target of a call used via reflection throws an exception but the InnerException is not being displayed in the log file so it's complete guesswork for me as to what ServiceStack is trying to do when it occurs.

Google was unhelpful when I tried to get it to give me information about ServiceStack throwing the error.

The machine started displaying this error when 94.345 (my esteemed colleague believes) was installed.

This machine has not displayed this behaviour in the past and no one is aware of any additional changes occurring on the machine.

Any and all help appreciated.

(Hopefully this time my post won't be instantly marked as spam and hidden)

2019-12-13 08:39:29,551 [16] ERROR HP.HPTRIM.Service.TrimAppHost - Error extracting record 'D19/1'. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
HP.HPTRIM.SDK.TrimException: Error extracting record 'D19/1'. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at HP.HPTRIM.SDK.ExtractDocument.DoExtract(String toWindowsFolder, Boolean overwriteOk, Boolean checkoutDocument, String rootURLForHyperlinks)
at HP.HPTRIM.Service.TrimDocumentStream.extractDocument()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at HP.HPTRIM.Service.TrimDocumentStream.<ExtractDocumentAsync>d__30.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at HP.HPTRIM.Service.TrimDocumentStream.<WriteToAsync2>d__37.MoveNext()
at HP.HPTRIM.Service.TrimDocumentStream.<WriteToAsync>d__36.MoveNext()
at ServiceStack.HttpResponseExtensionsInternal.<WriteToOutputStreamAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
at ServiceStack.HttpResponseExtensionsInternal.<WriteToResponse>d__7.MoveNext()

Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.