Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Error occurred during term set creation

Jump to solution

Hi,

I get the following message when configuring SharePoint Integration with HPE CM 9.1

“Error occurred during term set creation”

A non-blocking error occurred during creation of term sets. Check the configuration wizard.log file for details. Corrective action may need to be taken to resolve the problem and term set creation rerun using the configuration tool.

The term set has been created however the lower level terms have not (i.e. Document etc.)

Details from the log:

8/11/2017 5:30:13 PM  Executing step: NoClassificationTerms, type: Manual

8/11/2017 5:30:13 PM  Executing step: CreateTermSets, type: Auto

8/11/2017 5:30:13 PM  Creating required term sets on: dbbc9ac1-8daa-4688-9d5a-8e510a3719e6

8/11/2017 5:30:13 PM  Created termset Record Types in group HPE Content Manager(45) in termstore OTB Managed Metadata Service Application for dataset ID 45

8/11/2017 5:30:14 PM  Created termset Classification in group HPE Content Manager(45) in termstore OTB Managed Metadata Service Application for dataset ID 45

8/11/2017 5:30:14 PM  Created termset Container Record Types in group HPE Content Manager(45) in termstore OTB Managed Metadata Service Application for dataset ID 45

8/11/2017 5:30:14 PM  Created termset Document Record Types in group HPE Content Manager(45) in termstore OTB Managed Metadata Service Application for dataset ID 45

8/11/2017 5:30:14 PM  Created termset List Record Types in group HPE Content Manager(45) in termstore OTB Managed Metadata Service Application for dataset ID 45

8/11/2017 5:30:14 PM  Created termset Site Record Types in group HPE Content Manager(45) in termstore OTB Managed Metadata Service Application for dataset ID 45

8/11/2017 5:30:14 PM  Created termset Security Levels in group HPE Content Manager(45) in termstore OTB Managed Metadata Service Application for dataset ID 45

8/11/2017 5:30:14 PM  Created termset Security Caveats in group HPE Content Manager(45) in termstore OTB Managed Metadata Service Application for dataset ID 45

8/11/2017 5:30:14 PM  Created termset Retention Schedules in group HPE Content Manager(45) in termstore OTB Managed Metadata Service Application for dataset ID 45

8/11/2017 5:30:14 PM  Created termset Thesaurus Terms in group HPE Content Manager(45) in termstore OTB Managed Metadata Service Application for dataset ID 45

8/11/2017 5:30:14 PM  Created termset Jurisdictions in group HPE Content Manager(45) in termstore OTB Managed Metadata Service Application for dataset ID 45

8/11/2017 5:30:20 PM  Term sets created or determined to be up to date.

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

HI,

I figured it out the issues with multiple Managed Metadata Service Applications. I could not find a fix but all I did was use a different Managed Metadata service application. The service account which I was using probably had enough rights on this service application and it started working. Also I changed the service connection in SharePoint to use this service application only.

Hopefully it helps someone else.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi,

Just to be certain you are using a dataset with an ID of 45?

Have you setup the term store correctly (as per the guide chapter 9.4) ? 

Can you confirm that the term store admin and the contributors (see below) are set correctly?

Did you finish the wizard and rerun the termset creation via the configuration tool?  if so did you get the same result (pls attach the configuration log)

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Oli,

Thanks for your reply.

I have created the termstore as per the 9.4. Please see attached log file for the 08/11. The wizard did thrown an error (a non-blocking error) as mentioned in my question. The term store did get created however, the terms were not created.

I cannot seem to attach the log file so have pasted the contents below

Thanks

**************************************************************************************************

Deleted Log file entry as it is not relevant to the query anymore

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Oli,

From the SharePoint Integration Log i found this message, when running the Integratoin wizard, just when the terms were being created:

essage: An attempt to update the termset Thesaurus Terms failed. The details of the problem are:Object reference not set to an instance of an object..

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

HI,

I figured it out the issues with multiple Managed Metadata Service Applications. I could not find a fix but all I did was use a different Managed Metadata service application. The service account which I was using probably had enough rights on this service application and it started working. Also I changed the service connection in SharePoint to use this service application only.

Hopefully it helps someone else.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It is highly recommended to set up and configure the SP integration accounts as per the guide. Sharing accounts for more than one purpose, in our experience make it very difficult to troubleshoot

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.