Record_Girl Contributor.
Contributor.

Export/Import attached documents for transforming into long term PDF format

Hello. Im new to this. I was wondering if it is possible to export a stack load of documents from CM, transform into long term PDF format and importing them back into CM? Thank you.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. WebKeg Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Export/Import attached documents for transforming into long term PDF format

There sure is!

You should give the team at Kapish a call as there are a few options available to you.

(03) 9017 4943

** My views are mine and are in no way attributed to those of my employer **
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi there

Content Manager has an option to render documents into a PDF format (PDF/A standard). Using the Content Manager Render feature,  you can right-click on a record (or select a number of records), point to Electronic and then click "Request Rendition". Select the option "Submit a request to create a rendition that can be used for long-term preservation", then click OK.

Once the Rendering is complete, the PDF will be available on the record's Properties - Renditions tab.

Cheers

Helen 🙂

Helen Barnes
Content Manager Information Developer
Information Management & Governance
Micro Focus
Record_Girl Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello Helen

Thank you.

Doest it still work if the documents hve been finalised or do they need to be in draft version?

Regards

Wendy

0 Likes
Record_Girl Contributor.
Contributor.

Thank you WebKeg.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.