Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Techgato6808 Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Export/Import function in TRIM 7.1

Good day all,

We have just updated ourPCs to Windows 7 and brought our version up from TRIM 6.2 to 7.1. However I cannot locate where you export/import records into TRIM. It used to be under the HP TRIM Administration in Tool. Any clues?

Regards,

Techkgato

0 Likes
10 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. raynebc Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Export/Import function in TRIM 7.1

There's a "TrimPort" utility, but I was under the impression it could only be launched from outside of Trim, and it can only install as part of the 32 bit version of Trim.  I haven't used Trim 6.x in a while, but I believe TrimPort worked the same in that era of Trim.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yep, 6.2 is the same.

Just need to make sure that it is choosen at the time on the install, 32 bit only and need to be a local and TRIM admin

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Sometimes it's just not showing in the menus. Try going into the Customize option, Toolbars tab and selecting "Reset All".

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Neil,

Thanks, I tried that initally. But to no avail.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Greg,

I think this maybe the problem. We are using Windows 7 64 bit. So to clarify, the TRIM Port in TRIM 7.1 will not work in Windows 7 (64 Bit) . Thanks.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yep that will be the issue, has to be installed as 32 bit.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I would expect TRIMPort to work fine on a 64-bit machine as long as it's installed as part of a 32-bit TRIM installation. Make sure the x86 VB Runtimes prerequisite is installed. Unless there's some other known issue I'm not aware of...

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Neil,

Thanks. My Sys admin came installed it. It shows up on his profile fine. But when he installs TRIM Port in my profile. It will not show up in HP System Administration list.  It seems as though one of the files maybe missing. Or is it because he has Admin rights on my machine? Any ideas? Do you know of any other files that might be missing, that would block it from installing on my profile. Thanks.  

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

So just to clarify, the 32 bit installer package for TRIM was run. 

And TRIMPort was selected in the installation

You are a TRIM admin?

If all that is right then try resetting your tool bars, some times that will reset and new features will appear.

Right mouse click on the toolbar > customise > toolbars > reset my data usage.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Neil,

Thanks immensely. I am one of the admins for TRIM. The sys admin put the a short cut on my desk top, but the Import/port function would not still appear. I restarted my PC and wah poof, it appeared back in the menu. Unfortunately, he will have to go around to several machines and repeat the process. Thanks again you have been very helpful!

Regards,

Techgato

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.