Highlighted
Contributor.. tjb77494 Contributor..
Contributor..

Few questions

Jump to solution

I am new to the TRIM SDK and I have few questions. We have an app which is saving documents with record to the database. Currently version 8.3 but an upgrade to 9.4 is on the table.

Our architecture is; WPF window app using SDK and try to save a files from local machine; 

Can application be deployed without HPCM/HPRM client being present on user computer?

Can SetAsFile(string fileName) be executed with local / client file or file need to be accessible to the server?

Is there a SetFile method which accepts byte array insted of file name?

I've tried to connect to the database an I am getting a cannot find tsjApi.DLL ...

Any advise how to fix it without installing HPCM clients?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Few questions

Jump to solution

In 8.3 you will need CM installed.  In 94 there will be a nuget package available to run SDK applications without first installing the full application.

SetAsFile() does not need direct access to the server, it is designed to upload a local file to the document store.

There is no way to upload a byte array.

I am rust on 8.3 but look and see if you have TrimApplication.TrimBinariesLoadPath.  If you do then you need to set the location of the CM binaries using this, so that tsjApi can be found.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

In 8.3 you will need CM installed.  In 94 there will be a nuget package available to run SDK applications without first installing the full application.

SetAsFile() does not need direct access to the server, it is designed to upload a local file to the document store.

There is no way to upload a byte array.

I am rust on 8.3 but look and see if you have TrimApplication.TrimBinariesLoadPath.  If you do then you need to set the location of the CM binaries using this, so that tsjApi can be found.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Is there currently nugget package available for 9.4 or this is something to be developed?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
9.4 is to be released in a few weeks.

0 Likes
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.