Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

File Types which can be indexed in TRIM

Please let me know the extensions of file which cannot be indexed in TRIM 7.1.2

0 Likes
6 Replies
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Doesn't every extention get recorded in 'reExtension' in TSRECELEC?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Do you mean Document Content indexed?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Yes,  I m asking for Document Indexing.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We came across some today with RM8.1 - *.p7m and *.asc - the logs indicated that this was because there was no program that could open these types of files and therefore could not be indexed.

We also had a problem where *.xls files that were password protected were also unable to be indexed.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Attached is the TRIMspec, there is a section called Supported file formats for document content indexing.

To answer your question Mandy, anything encrypted wont be indexed as a rule.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The HPRM 8.11 uses the product KeyView to extract the content of a document which is then indexed. Keyview can work with around 1000 filetypes but there are always some that will not be recognised.

If you regularly have file types that cannot be indexed, it may be an idea to add them to the list of filetypes to be ignored by the content indes. To do this open the HPRM Enterprise Studio:

• Open the General section
  • Right-click File Types, the File types dialog appears.
  • Select a file type in the list and select Properties
  • Unselect Content indexing, select OK
  • Select OK to save the changes to the file types
  • Save and deploy the change
(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM that you are using in all posts)

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.