Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Highlighted
shunil
New Member.

Get all the additional field for record using Service API

Hi guys,

I am using HPTRIM service API to connect to the HPTRIM and pull various information out of it.  I am communicating the trim of version  "8.1.1.7919" with c# as programming language. For few records there are additional fields that needs to be read and I have not been provided with Id for each fields and those fields may vary on each record.

I found various notes on getting the additional fields information of the trim such as "/t5/SDK-API-Support/Getting-all-properties-and-user-defined-fields-for-each-record/td-p/2394528" but they donot explain the process from utilising service api.

It would be great to know all the fields along with additional fields for each records. So if there is a way to get these information it would be of great help.

Thank you

Sunil Karki

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
JanMartin Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Get all the additional field for record using Service API

There's a sample that shows how to get all field info at h/HPRMServiceAPI/PropertyAndFieldHelp?Get=All&trimType=Record

You can pass in the IDs you find there into the Properties field of a record search

0 Likes
shunil
New Member.

Hi JanMartin,

Thank you for the advice.

Using this technique I can many fields of the trim but still I have to go through every field and check for the value.

Is there a way so that I can know populated fields for particular record in the trim ?

sorry to hit with these question but I am new to Trim and this SDK.

Thank you

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

As far as I know there is no way to do that, you could just request all fields and drop the empty values on the client side of things.

0 Likes
shunil
New Member.

Thank you for the response Jan.

I am a query regarding Service API. I was using following to get particular properties from the trim:

"https://localhost/HPRMServiceAPI/Record/?q=3541647&properties=Title,DateDue,Container,ReviewDate&pageSize=50"

with this method I could extract most of the information but I had trouble getting some of the additional field with similar label to that of trim say. For example guys from trim had defined Due Date as additional field but I couldnot find the value but when I tried the other way like,

"https://localhost/HPRMServiceAPI/Record/3541647?propertySets=All&PropertyValue=Raw".

This process gave me many field and I could find the user defined due date as well as trim's due date.

Now I want to understand the difference betwenn these two different way of using service api.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

My understanding is that you can use predefined property sets to get sets of fields which you commonly request, here are all the property sets that came out of the box with my install:

<add name="LocationRazor" properties="LocationSortName,LocationSurname,LocationTypeOfLocation,LocationNickName,LocationMobileNumber,LocationJobDescription,LocationGivenNames,LocationDateOfBirth,LocationLongHonorific,LocationHonorific,LocationPhoneNumber,LocationPosition,LocationSalutation,LocationSupervisor,LocationInitials,LocationFullFormattedName,LocationFormattedName"/>

<add name="FieldDefinitionDefs" properties="FieldDefinitionName"/>

<add name="RecordDetails" properties="IsElectronic" propertySets="DataGridVisible,Detailed"/>
    <add name="RecordRenditionDetails" propertySets="DataGridVisible"/>

<add name="RecordRevisionDetails" propertySets="DataGridVisible"/>
    <add name="RecordHoldDetails" propertySets="DataGridVisible"/>

<add name="RecordJurisdictionDetails" propertySets="DataGridVisible"/>

<add name="RecordKeywordDetails" propertySets="DataGridVisible"/>

<add name="RecordLinkedDocumentDetails" propertySets="DataGridVisible"/>

<add name="RecordLocationDetails" propertySets="DataGridVisible"/>

<add name="RecordRelationshipDetails" propertySets="DataGridVisible"/>

<add name="RecordRequestDetails" propertySets="DataGridVisible"/>

<add name="RecordPreview" properties="NameString,Html,Title,IsElectronic" propertySets="DataGridVisible"/>
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.