Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
MilindaBulla
New Member.

Get the folder structure from TRIM via web service

I need to get all folders in HP TRIM. Please let me know how I do it. It is okay if I can get all folders in my tray.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Get the folder structure from TRIM via web service

Sounds like you just want to do a search, which means you need to define what a Folder is for you.

One common way is to use the Record Type behaviour, the following search assumes a folder is a Folder

type:[behaviour:Folder]

This search assumes a Folder is a Folder or Paper Folder:

type:[behaviour:Folder,PaperFolder]

Then you need to work out how to perform this search from the web service. If the SOAP web service use 

ObjectStringSearchSelect stringSearch = new ObjectStringSearchSelect();
stringSearch.TrimObjectType = "record";
stringSearch.Search = "type:[behaviour:Folder, PaperFolder]";

If the ServiceAPI something like this:

http://localhost/HPRMServiceAPI/Record?q=type:[behaviour:Folder]

Blog | Samples | CM SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Highlighted
MilindaBulla
New Member.

Re: Get the folder structure from TRIM via web service

Thanks, Its working.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.