Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Highlighted
Morrissey Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

HP RM 8.3 - web url instead of reference link added to email

Jump to solution

While dragging a saved HPRM electronic record into an compose screen in outlook you used to get the option (I think in 7.1 - 7.3?) of inserting a reference link - in the new version a url is the only option -

Would you anyone know where to turn off  this option is located ? Or should it be left status quo and use 'send to mail recipient' instead of dragging?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EWillsey Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP RM 8.3 - web url instead of reference link added to email

Jump to solution

In older versions you could drag and it would drop in the electronic file.  I think it was in v8.0 that that was removed.  You have to use the send to mail recipient method, or initial the attachment from within Outlook itself.  There is one third party product that I know of which still supports this: Kapish Explorer; but if you don't have that then your SOL.

---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
2 Replies
EWillsey Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

In older versions you could drag and it would drop in the electronic file.  I think it was in v8.0 that that was removed.  You have to use the send to mail recipient method, or initial the attachment from within Outlook itself.  There is one third party product that I know of which still supports this: Kapish Explorer; but if you don't have that then your SOL.

---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
Outstanding Contributor.. AG_LTBit Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Morrissey,

The drag and drop behaviour changes when you have the Web Server filled in under the System Options. Unfortunately you get to choose between having drag and drop or having the web url metadata option populated on a record.

I keep an empty text doc on my desktop that I drag into the email to show the attachment field, when you have that showing you are able to drag and drop into that field and it will place the electronic object in there instead of a url. I have a feeling that you used to be able to right click drag and drop and get a menu to select a tr5...
I just gave that a go and while you can't select a reference you can select to 'copy here' which places the electronic object rather than the link...

Thank you for asking this question!

AG.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.ltbit.com.au
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.