Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
TheRealTRIMCat Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP RM 8 & Inbuilt Basic Workflow Capabilities

From what I can see on the Kapish site; the basic modules for HP RM 8 still doesn't include the Workflow module. I recall in prior versions of HP TRIM that there were simple workflow-type functions. 

Is anyone able to advise of what the limitations of these functions are, please?

E.g. Given a new document of this type in this location, trigger a notification to x email address about its presence. (The person who is notified works on the document and changes its state to finalised, which then sends the document to a particular email address). I suppose that example would combine the Alert and some workflow functionality.

Doesn't need to be the above scenario exactly; just curious what is available, without purchase of the Workflow Module.

I don't currently have access to a test environment to play around with this.

Needed to create a new account due to changed departmental login rights. Was formally known as TRIMCat
0 Likes
3 Replies
Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP RM 8 & Inbuilt Basic Workflow Capabilities

HPRM 8.1 onwards does include the Workflow Module in the base license. 8.0 didn't.

A combination of Alerts and Workflow templates could achieve what you want, or just get a custom solution built for you. :)

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
TheRealTRIMCat Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Grundy. Good to know. I'm not sure about the likelihood of upgrading to 8.1 at this point in time. Are there any basic workflow-type functionalities in HP RM 8 (possibly 8.01; currently no access to system to check, though sure it wasn't 8.1).

The example is a nice-to-have. There was a basic type of workflow in HP TRIM 7.x; it wasn't called workflow; do you know what it was called?

Thinking it may cover some of this functionality. There are several possibilities for the solution; HP RM only one.
Needed to create a new account due to changed departmental login rights. Was formally known as TRIMCat
0 Likes
Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

There are two modules for workflow.

Action Tracking (Actions and Procedures), and

Workflow module (Workflows and Activities).

Both have been in the product largely unchanged since TRIM Context 6.

HPRM doesn't have any huge changes to either.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.