Ensign
Ensign

HP Recods Management Access Controls and Security Level

Hi, I understand how the ACL and security levels work ( the user must be in the group and have a security level at least as high or higher than the security level of the item. However, We have nested groups ( GroupA _> subgroupb and subgroupb ) . We have a user with a security level of same as the item ( securitly level confidential ). However , the group that they have been assigned to has a security level lower that the ite. Which one wins ? The user security level or the groups ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I would assume that the user's permissions would trump the group's lower permissions.

Are you finding that is not the case?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

Thanks Greg for answering so quickly. I didn;t know and the records manager wasn;t available to answer. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.