Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Respected Contributor.. madether Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

HPE CM 9.0.0 - Build 201

Jump to solution

Has anyone upgraded to the current release.

I have started the process for migrating our existing and I am seeing strange results with HPEContentManger web services.

Internet Explorer 11 won't load it at all whereas Firefox works fine with intergrated authentication, which it shouldn't.
The documentation is not even remotely accurate either.  Looks like they changed the front page and anything the refered to Records manager because things are not what they seem.

Not looking forward to loging a service ticket.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Respected Contributor..

Re: HPE CM 9.0.0 - Build 201

Jump to solution

Hi Rach

HP have not been able to identify a fix for us yet.  According to the below this will not work.
We have developed a fix that has now been working for about 4 weeks now.

The correct Fix.
Delete all rows xpForUserUri > 0 and xpConfigItemType > 0
or Delete TSXMLDATA.uri > 0 (this is better)This will delete all the old TSXMLDATA and should leave the uri 0 alone.
The Records admin should then set the global settings and then all users should do a Get Global.

It seems that the old global settings were getting deleted by the TRIMServices process when a user opened CM9.  This in turn would cause the system to delete the Global Settings.  Took us a little bit of digging to figure this one out.

Hi Rach, 

There's a bug in CM9 that causes the Global Settings to reset after a service restart or sometimes a time period.

We found that running a certain delete statement against the TSXMLDATA table fixed the issue, but it's still a bug that needs to be fixed by HP.

delete from TSXMLDATA where xpForUserUri = 0

Run this against a test environment first and make sure you have a databaes backup too.

After running that, setup globals and see if they stick.

Cheers,

Jon

11 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi there

Can you please advise which document(s) you're referring to?  I will look into your concerns.

Thanks and kindest regards

Helen :)

Helen Barnes
Content Manager Information Developer
Information Management & Governance
Micro Focus
0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi.

The first thing I have noticed is CM9.0_Web_Client_Install.pdf page 21 indicates
<transport clientCredentialType="Windows" /> located in web.config.  This entry does not exist in my installation , though I know it was there in 8.x.  Did an upgrade and then a fresh install.
The documentation suggests integrated authentication works only with IE (using IE 11.0.9600.18161, update 11.0.27 (KB3124257)) and not Firefox.  Can't get IE to even load the page at this time, however Firefox works fine.  Strange stuff.

IDOL
The documentation suggests that the existing configuraiton files are copied out, yet to find the copies that are refered to in CM9.0_IDOL_Install_Config.pdf page 33.

Noteworthy issue is that the default installation for IDOL in 8.x was that the installer installed and configured 2 idol services.  The CM9 upgrade process happens to only configure on idol service and that service for us happens to be the one service that does not do much work if any.  Given that the system does not copy out the files you need to make sure backups are kept handy.  There are also new entries in the new IDOL configuration that they differ just enough to be a pain.  Not sure if this is going to be a problem yet.

TES
Nice work on the new interface, however it does not seem to refresh.  For example, a service is not running on one of the workgroup servers.  Starting the service is not showed on TES, a restart of TES is required.  Not overly happy with this as we have 16 servers in our farm to keep track of.

Workgroup services.Yesterday the workgroup servies just decided to stop working and since TES does not show this we had no idea we were running on 1 server.  Still need to investigate why this is happeing because this would be disaster in the production setup.

Disconnected environments.
Nice that the code is signed, however if the site is not internet connected the installation won't proceed.  This adds a whole level of pain getting things to work.  Most sites won't even notice but it affected us.

I am sure I will find more as time progresses.

Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Get Global failure

It seems that Get Global now only works for a sort amount of time.  Set Global for the users and get them to do a Get Global works initially.

Come back the next day and do another get global and the global settings have been rest to default.

0 Likes
Harry-Koppanyi Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Which account are you using or experiencing this issue, Global settings are not automatically applied to any TRIM Administrator profile accounts.  So if you want all the users including the Administrators to have the same GetGlobal, you can Lock those settings for everyone and for Administrators they need to get it once first time.

After that users includingAdministrators will automatically gets and retain the settings, however, if Administrators Save the Global again (while anyof the changes were made by the Administrators) those new settings will be saved as Global. 

Cheers,
Harry
0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Global Settings.

I have identified what the issue was and have appllied a fix which in our test environment appears to be working very well.

0 Likes
RachaelR Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi madether,

I was just wondering what the issue turned out to be as we're upgrade to CM in a couple of weeks and I want to make sure we don't have issues with global settings.

Thanks,

Rach

~*~
Current Build: 9.0.4.488
My comments, views, opinions etc. are a reflection of myself and no-one else
0 Likes
Highlighted
Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Rach, 

There's a bug in CM9 that causes the Global Settings to reset after a service restart or sometimes a time period.

We found that running a certain delete statement against the TSXMLDATA table fixed the issue, but it's still a bug that needs to be fixed by HP.

Run this against a test environment first and make sure you have a databaes backup too.

Cheers,

Jon

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Rach

HP have not been able to identify a fix for us yet.  According to the below this will not work.
We have developed a fix that has now been working for about 4 weeks now.

The correct Fix.
Delete all rows xpForUserUri > 0 and xpConfigItemType > 0
or Delete TSXMLDATA.uri > 0 (this is better)This will delete all the old TSXMLDATA and should leave the uri 0 alone.
The Records admin should then set the global settings and then all users should do a Get Global.

It seems that the old global settings were getting deleted by the TRIMServices process when a user opened CM9.  This in turn would cause the system to delete the Global Settings.  Took us a little bit of digging to figure this one out.

Hi Rach, 

Cheers,

Jon

Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Awesome, thanks for the update on that!

I'll pass it along to our guys too.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
Harry-Koppanyi Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Anyone running CM 9 Client on Windows 7 with latest SP?  I remember from my last test of CM 9.0 Client install it was error out with something like "Failed to get the Payload ..." . This error is common when the  software is looking for an OS updated Root Certificate. I wonder anyone experienced the same in CM9 latest build?  For the very same OS RM 8.3 client installed smoothly without issues.

Cheers,
Harry
0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Harry

HP have started to digitally sign their code now.  You will need to get the certificate and add it to the trusted installers list, otherwise nothing will install.
My system is not connected to the internet and caused all sorts of issues.

M

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.