PerthRM8 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

HPE CM9 Patch 2 and MS Outlook 2010 Integration - different

Hi,

We are still on HP RM8.1 , Win 7, MS Office 2010 , SQL 2012-R2

maybe going to HPE CM9 P2 ;

I have a question regarding the linked MS Outlook folders to HP RM; Are these links will be there once we do upgrade from 8.1 to CM9 P2?

In CM9 P2 we have these new way of linking folders: using the e-mail STYLES ....??

And the button "Manage" has gone as well ....

Thanks

forumhpecm9msoutlookintegration2016error - Copy.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Mq___ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HPE CM9 Patch 2 and MS Outlook 2010 Integration - different

Prior to 9.0 linked folder information was stored in the local computer's registry.  After 9.0 this information is stored in the CM database.  When you upgrade to 9.0 all existing linked folders will be migrated to the new format and continue to be available.

Before the availability of checkin styles the behaviour of a checkin could only be applied to a linked folder (ie. to display the UI or delete upon checkin) and a linked folder in Outlook only had a couple of defaults (Container and Record Type).  With the advent of checkin styles these behaviours may be applied to checkins that don't use a linked folder because they are now associated with a checkin style.  Additionally, the number of default values that may be applied to a checkin style are much greater than a traditional linked folder.

In 9.0, once a user has created a checkin style with the behaviours and defaults that they require they can either apply that style to an Outlook folder (thereby creating a linked folder) or use it to checkin Outlook items directly.  This means that user's aren't forced into creating a linked folder in order to determine the defaults for a checkin

The functionality provided by the 'manage' feature in previous Outlook addin versions is provided via the 'Check In Styles' task pane where both checkin styles and linked folder can be managed along with addin defaults like which checkin style to use as the default for the 'Checkin on send' feature.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
PerthRM8 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: HPE CM9 Patch 2 and MS Outlook 2010 Integration - different

Well, thanks for this info, it cleared so many things.

If you haven't reply to this post I was seriously thinking that I am secretly black-listed in this forum as my "usual TRIM experts" 🙂 sadly got tired of trying to answer my TRIM related questions (probably because very confusing and not quite worded questions) .....  

Anyway, if you have time/patient to answer any question from below's topic, it would be much appreciated ( the upgrade from HP TRIM 8.1 is coming very soon)...if not, never mind, you did your bit already.

/t5/Client-Support/New-HPE-RM8-3-Patch-2-8-3-0-9231-issues-spotted-while-evaluating/td-p/6892875

I am going to analyze now all this topic about MS Outlook linked folders in CM9

Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.