Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

HPE Content Manager (CM) - current release

** Edited 6 August 2018 **

A new thread has replaced this one for all CM releases from 1 August 2018 onwards:

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Content-Manager-RM-Discussion/Content-Manager-Current-Release/m-p/1660221

Hi all,

A big thanks to Jon Grundy for keeping the community updated in the past when new versions of HP TRIM, HP Records Manager (RM) and HPE Records Manager were released. See Jon's original thread here if you're interested.

From now on, HPE CM Support will update this thread when new versions of Content Manager are released.

So, just to repeat Jon's advice from his last update:

HPE Content Manager is now publicly released and available on SSO!

HPE CM 9.0.0 - Build 201

Released: July 7, 2016

To download:

1. Log into HPE Software Support Online using your HP Passport, and select "Product Information - Downloads". This will take you to the "My Software Updates" portal
  2. If you see a pop-up message about accessing software entitlements in the new HPE Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, just close this message
  3. Select the product "records manager (trim)" (Note: apparently soon to be re-named "content manager (hpe rm)")
  4. Select the relevant SAID, accept the terms & conditions, and then "View Available Products"
  5. You'll find it under the "Document & Records Mgmt" category
  6. Select "HPE Content Manager 9.00 English Software E-Media" and click "Get software updates"
  7. In the Deliverables column, click "Get Software"
  8. Click "Download" (or choose "Use HPE Download Manager" if you wish)
  9. Take a well-earned coffee break 🙂

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/
26 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HPE Content Manager (CM) - current release

HPE Records Manager (RM) 8.30.9231 (Patch 2) was released on Friday, 12th August 2016. Available to download from SSO

To download:

1. Log into HPE Software Support Online using your HP Passport, and select "Patches" from the dashboard
  2. If this latest release isn't already displayed in the most recent results list: Ensure "Content type" is set to "Patches" and "content manager (hpe rm)" is selected under "Products"
  3. Follow the link in the results list to "Records Manager (TRIM) 8.30.9231 Patch 2 for Windows"
  4. Optionally from the download page, select the link entitled "Register to receive e-mail notification about patch updates for content manager (hpe rm), 8.30" - to be notified about any future RM 8.30 patches
  5. Select the link "TRIM_00050.ISO" to download this patch.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

0 Likes
Rodders Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi All, 

Any chance of getting the release notes put up here  for CM9 for those of us who don't have access to the SSO?

Cheers

Rod

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

For some infuriating reason the forums won't allow me to attach the document. Copy and paste didn't work due toe the size and the removal of formatting.

PM me your email address and I can send them through.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
Dennis Handly Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

>For some infuriating reason the forums won't allow me to attach the document.

See new policy about only pictures can be attached:

http://community.hpe.com/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-File-Attachment-Security-Policy-on-the-Hewlett/m-p/6884253

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I've sent that through Rodders, let me know if it doesn't arrive

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

HPE Content Manager 9.0 Patch 1 has been released.

HPE CM 9.0.0 - Build 265

Released: September 11, 2016

To download:
1. Log into HPE Software Support Online using your HP Passport, and select the "Dashboards" link
2. In the "Software Patch" dashboard you'll see TRIM_0051: "content manager (hpe rm) 0.0.0.265 Patch 1"
3. Select the link to go to the download page for this patch
4. Click on "TRIM_00051.ISO" to begin the download.

Neil

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Primarily because of a bug discovered in Patch 1, which meant users were unable to upload a document via the Web Client...

HPE Content Manager 9.0 Patch 2 has been released.

HPE CM 9.0.0 - Build 279

Released: September 21, 2016

To download:
1. Log into HPE Software Support Online using your HP Passport, and select the "Dashboards" link
2. In the "Software Patch" dashboard you'll see TRIM_0052: "content manager (hpe rm) 9.00.279 Patch 2 for Windows"
3. Select the link to go to the download page for this patch
4. Click on "TRIM_00052.ISO" to begin the download.

Neil

Valued Contributor.. sun_1 Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Hi HP Team,

Can you please forward Specification and release notes for HPE Content Manager (CM).

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi sun_1

The release notes and specification document are on the ISO. Download details above.

If there's some reason why you're unable to download it, please PM me your work e-mail address and I'll send them through.

Neil

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

HI all,

HPE Content Manager 9.1 is now publicly released and available on SSO.

HPE CM 9.1.0 - Build 914

Released: November 23, 2016

To download:

1. Log into HPE Software Support Online using your HPE Passport, and select "Product Information - Downloads". This will take you to the "My Software Updates" portal
  2. If you see a pop-up message about accessing software entitlements in the new HPE Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, just close this message
  3. Select the product "records manager (trim)"
  4. Select the relevant SAID, accept the terms & conditions, and then "View Available Products"
  5. You'll find it under the "Document & Records Mgmt" category
  6. Select "HPE Content Manager 9.10 English Software E-Media" and click "Get software updates"
  7. In the Deliverables column, click "Get Software"
  8. Click "Download" (or choose "Use HPE Download Manager")

Neil

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

HPE Content Manager 9.0.0 Patch 3 has been released.

HPE CM 9.0.0 - Build 353

Released: November 30, 2016

To download:
1. Log into HPE Software Support Online using your HPE Passport, and select "Dashboards"
2. In the "Software Patch" dashboard you'll see TRIM_0053: "content manager (hpe rm) 9.00.353 Patch 3 for Windows"
3. Select the link to go to the download page for this patch. This page also includes information about CR's fixed in this patch
4. Click on "TRIM_00053.ISO" to begin the download.

Neil

ZZZJ4k Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can someone please let me know what are the new features/Changes in new CM9 compared to HPRM 8.3

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can access the release notes by doing a knowledgebase search on SSO. To save you some time, here's a link:

CM9.0 ReleaseNotes

CM9.1 ReleaseNotes

Neil

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

HP Records Manager (RM) 8.11.8091 (Patch 5) was released on Tuesday, 13th December 2016. Available to download from SSO.

To download:

1. Log into HPE Software Support Online using your HPE Passport, and select "Patches" from the dashboard
  2. If this latest release isn't already displayed in the most recent results list: Ensure "Document type" is set to "Patches" and "content manager (hpe rm)" is selected under "Products"
  3. Follow the link in the results list to "records manager (trim) 8.11.8091 Patch 5 for Windows"
  4. Optionally from the download page, select the link entitled "Register to receive e-mail notification about patch updates for content manager (hpe rm), 8.10,8.11" - to be notified about any future RM 8.1 patches
  5. Select the link "TRIM_00054.ISO" to download this patch.

Neil

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.