Trusted Contributor.. Kalyany Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

HPE Notification Issue

Jump to solution

Hi

Whenever Records department reassign an action to our staff,  they are not getting a notification email from CM9.

So every time staff need to check 'Record Due' tray in HPE CM9 whether do they have any seven day response action is due or not.

Can anyone help me why it is happening

Thank you

Rgds

Kaly

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HPE Notification Issue

Jump to solution

Well I guess the first thing to check is if you've enabled those notifications:

ActionReassignedSysOpt.JPG

Assuming you have:

Looking through our system I can see there was a CR delivered in 8.3 Patch 4 to fix an issue:

QCCR2D62561 Mail Notifications - Duplicate Actions Due and Ready to commence from one event.

...but apparently that fix introduced a different issue where 'action made current' email notifications weren't being sent. I believe this is also the type of notification pertaining to reassigning an action. So the following CR was raised:

QCCR2D64896 No TSEventDat rows created for some action tracking mail notifications

Whether or not this issue is affecting you will depend on the exact version of CM you're using. If you have got the above system option enabled, and you're not getting action reassigned emails, let me know your CM version (e.g. 9.1.3.1190) and I'll see if it's known to be affected.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Well I guess the first thing to check is if you've enabled those notifications:

ActionReassignedSysOpt.JPG

Assuming you have:

Looking through our system I can see there was a CR delivered in 8.3 Patch 4 to fix an issue:

QCCR2D62561 Mail Notifications - Duplicate Actions Due and Ready to commence from one event.

...but apparently that fix introduced a different issue where 'action made current' email notifications weren't being sent. I believe this is also the type of notification pertaining to reassigning an action. So the following CR was raised:

QCCR2D64896 No TSEventDat rows created for some action tracking mail notifications

Whether or not this issue is affecting you will depend on the exact version of CM you're using. If you have got the above system option enabled, and you're not getting action reassigned emails, let me know your CM version (e.g. 9.1.3.1190) and I'll see if it's known to be affected.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Kalyany Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Neil.

Now i have activated "Action is ready to commence....." (as you said) and it's working as we expected.

Rgds

Kaly

0 Likes
New Member.. Ricky1
New Member..

Jump to solution

I'm using 8.3.0.9429. Can you tell me if that's a known issue for this version?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

8.3.0.9429 (Patch 4) is affected by the following issue:

(The following events failed to create a TSEVENTDAT row for the MailNotification Processor when the sysoption NotifyNextAction is enabled: actionReassigned , actionUndone, actionCurrent, actionCompleted)

This was fixed in CM 9.2.0.

Neil

Contributor.. Rick771 Contributor..
Contributor..

Jump to solution

We have a similar sort of problem but for a different notification.

We are currently using CM 9.2, Our assignees are not getting an email alert when a record which is assigned to them is due to be returned.

Please note: we have done this - under System Options - Notifications -  Enabled -Email the assignee when a record is due to be returned, any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Edited 5 Aug 19:

I've been playing with this, and it looks like these notifications will only get sent if an entry exists in the TSTWRSYS table with the code 'PRP_691' and a value of '1'.

One way to resolve this issue is simply to turn off the system option "Email the assignee when a record is due to be returned", click OK, then go back in and turn the option back on. This should cause the 'PRP_691' entry to get created. Then restart the workgroup service on the event server processing mail notifications.

Neil

Contributor.. Rick771 Contributor..
Contributor..

Jump to solution
Thanks Neil, I will try it out.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.