Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Joe5 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

HPE RM.net SDK and getting an instance HPE Records Manager Client

Jump to solution

We have a nitely batch program that logs records to HPE RM and also records the uris of those records to another database.  We have another desktop .net client application that displays the database records (including the uris) to users so they can see what was logged and use the uri to manually retrieve the record in HPE RM.  I am looking to enhance the functionality as follows and need some direction:

I would like for users to be able to click on the uri in the .net client application and if they have HPE RM open retrieve the instance of it and search the uri.  If its not open launch an instance and search the uri. 

Can anyone point me to some sample code (C#) and the libraries (besides the HP.HPTRIM.SDK) needed to get me going?  We are using HPE Records Manager 8.3.

Thanks!

Joe

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelQ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: HPE RM.net SDK and getting an instance HPE Records Manager Client

Jump to solution

You can't open records in TRIM.exe directly from a .NET application.  You could, however, create a TR5 file and launch it.  Using that technique Windows would take care of communicating with TRIM.exe for you.

TR5 files are just text files.  I'm sure if you make a couple in TRIM and open them in Notepad you'll quickly discern the format.

2 Replies
MichaelQ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

You can't open records in TRIM.exe directly from a .NET application.  You could, however, create a TR5 file and launch it.  Using that technique Windows would take care of communicating with TRIM.exe for you.

TR5 files are just text files.  I'm sure if you make a couple in TRIM and open them in Notepad you'll quickly discern the format.

Jamie Smith Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Adding to Michael's answer, there is a function in the TrimMainObjectSearch class called 'MakeReference' which can help you easily create a TR5 file without understanding its format.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.