Highlighted
Member.

HPE Records Manager Bulk Email Documentation Question

Hello,

I apologize in advance if my questions are basic.  I am looking for guidance and assistance if what I am going to ask is possible.

We send out a large number of experation notices emails to customers via Mail Merge.  Due to the nature of our field, we use HPE Records Manager to documents those emails, among other important documents. 

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to do a configuration where those emails can be automatically imported to HPE Records Manager.  The current procedure is doing them one by one which is incredibly time consuming and creates a large backog and is just not efficient.

The other thing is that there are fields that are mandatory such as: Title, Last Name, First Name, and others.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Please keep in mind that this is the first time I've taken a deep dive into HPE Records Manager.  I have been using it since it was known as TRIM, but yesterday was really the first time I've started to look into advance functions of this system.

I've searched this site and read some of the posts, but please keep in mind that some settings or functions that are basic to you are essentially new to me.  I am quick learner, and I am not looking for someone to do this for me, but again, guidance and pointed in the right direction.

Thank You

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

If the emails are all being saved to the same folder and the mandatory fields are prefilled then you can create a link from the outlook folder to the HPE RM folder.  If the emails go into separate folders then you can't bulk upload, if the mandatory fields are not prefilled then they will not also bulk upload unless you make turn off mandatory on those fields while you upload the emails.

Highlighted
Member.

Hi Shelley,

I have the emails saved to the same folder, and that folder is linked as well.

My main issue will be the mandatory fields and how to prefill them.  I can't turn the mandatory requirement off, so I am trying to see if there is a script or SQL I can run where the data will be auto filled by extracting the info from the email to the mandatory fields in HPE RM

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.