Highlighted
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

HPRM 8.0 and SharePoint 2013 - A problem was encountered deserializing a stored configuration value

I am setting up an 8.0 instance (build 6347) instance connecting to a SharePoint 2013 instance.

I believe I have set up everything correctly (site collection settings, term sets, integration settings etc.) however whenever I try to manage a list item or view management details using the HPRM ribbon interface, I always get this error:

A problem was encountered deserializing a stored configuration value.  This could indicate that you have an old version of configuration data stored by the configuration manager. 

I have tried a number of things to correct this and checked permissions settings, but I'm otherwise stumped. I'm unsure if this is an issue with HPRM, or with SharePoint.

Any advice or tips greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: HPRM 8.0 and SharePoint 2013 - A problem was encountered deserializing a stored configuration va

I managed to turn on more verbose logging for HPRM, and have a more specific message.

Additional information:
Failed to deserialize the Specified site rmo for site https://{SHAREPOINT}/sites/20XX. Details of the problem are:Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. Oli_Wein Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: HPRM 8.0 and SharePoint 2013 - A problem was encountered deserializing a stored configuration va

HI

Have you setup the records management options?

if so please send through a screenshot

Did you publish your settings successfully in the configuration tool?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.