Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Luke1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HPRM 8.01 - How do i search for a null value?

Jump to solution

Hi,

How would I search for all records that have a null value in any given field? ie show me all records where abc field is null / empty / has no data in it?

Much thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HPRM 8.01 - How do i search for a null value?

Jump to solution

I have only tested in 8.3 but I imagine 8.01 would be similar.

I assumed that when you said 'field' you meant 'Additional Field'.  If so the answer depends on the field type.  For a numeric you would do > 0, e.g. AlchololLevel > 0

For a string field use an empty string. e.g. MyField:""

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I have only tested in 8.3 but I imagine 8.01 would be similar.

I assumed that when you said 'field' you meant 'Additional Field'.  If so the answer depends on the field type.  For a numeric you would do > 0, e.g. AlchololLevel > 0

For a string field use an empty string. e.g. MyField:""

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
Rich_Kid Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Additional fields can also be locations so to find null values I use

not MyLocation:*

i find this works well for trim property searches as well.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.