Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Yuri Prado Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

HPRM 8.1.1 7919 Integration to SharePoint 2013 - Ability for SP to pull documents stored in TRIM

Hi All, 

Just wondering if HPRM 8.1.1 Build 7919 integration to SharePoint 2013 provides the ability to automatically extract RM records into SharePoint? I've been reading the RM8.11_SharePoint2013IntegrationInstall & RM8.11_SharePoint2013IntegrationUserGuide and both documents only provide information regarding managing SP content, and saving it into RM.  I would like to map finilised EDRMS documents into SP sites. 

Any assistance will be much appreciated. 

0 Likes
6 Replies
Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HPRM 8.1.1 7919 Integration to SharePoint 2013 - Ability for SP to pull documents stored in TRIM

There is no record exposure in 8.1.1.

You need to use RM 8.2.0 to have record exposure into a library.

The alternative in 8.1.1 is to just add an AppPart with a custom search to pull back the records you want to display in SP, but this wont have any library functionality and is still just linking back to the document in TRIM.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Absent Member.. PWagner Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HPRM 8.1.1 7919 Integration to SharePoint 2013 - Ability for SP to pull documents stored in TRIM

Grundy,

I was shocked to read that "record exposure" is not available in HPRM 8.1.1.  We have not yet installed HPRM 8.1.1 but it's on the horizon and I'd like to know more about what will or will not be available in HPRM 8.1.1.  Is a new SP2013/HPRM integration manual is available, can you provide a link to it?  If so, we have a SAID# to access if needed.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

I was shocked when I found out the hard way after upgrading a client to 8.1.x and we couldn't expose records too... :)

8.2 contains record exposure, so if it's important, I would suggest looking at an upgrade to 8.2. (The entire SP Integration is much improved, so better to go that direction anyway)

The SP Integration doco is available on SSO if you log in and search for it, though there's not really a clear comparison of previous features and new features. The management of SP content is hugely different so it's not all directly comparable anyway.

Cheers,

Jon

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Harry-Koppanyi Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Even 8.1.1 does not provide you the Expose feature, it still has Search capability to search from SharePoint.  With your current investment and leveraging on HP's provided SharePoint module (at no extra cost), you can do something like 

Option 1- Enable your Web Client and create a Saved Search based on your Finalised business rule, Create a Web Publisher Report based on the Saved Search to generate a Web report which will provide you an HTML.  From within SharePoint (assuming the user has AD / HPRM account with the privs to access the record). You can create a URL link pointing to the Web Published Report When User click the URL they can see those Documents. Its a work around for kind of Expose which one can do within 8.1.1 without any extra cost.

OR

Option 2- Can buy 3rd party Integration (TRIMBocX from us) which is version independent and gives you Expose and other features regardless of HP RM / HP TRIM and SharePoint version without using HP RM integration.

Cheers,
Harry
Yuri Prado Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks Harry. I'll think about Option 1. On the other hand, I was under the impression that the SharePoint Integration that comes with 8.2 was backward compatible with 8.1.1. Do you know if this is true? 

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

It's supposed to be, but untested in the field and some of the new features still may not work.
If you really want exposure and will rely on that feature, I'd still recommend upgrading to 8.2.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.