Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Trusted Contributor.. David Woodroffe Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

HPRM merging of document stores

HPE RM 8.3 Buil;d 9000.

Is there a concept of merging document stores?  For more than one reason we have ended up with several document stores some of which are fairly small from the usage of disk space perspective.?  I may have missed a refernce in the manuals so I'm interested in pointers.  If someone has done such an activity, then feedback on the experience would be appreciated.  Using API is not something we have engaged with to-date.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. raynebc Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: HPRM merging of document stores

The in-program help says Trim doesn't allow for any joining/splitting of existing document stores, so I can only imagine building a solution with the SDK is the only course of action.

Outstanding Contributor.. Steve Macukat Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

I remember hearing in a pre launch presentation by HP that RM8 let's you transfer documents from one store to another. I haven't investigated it. Would that help?
Trusted Contributor..

It sounds like I should ask this one at the next on-line forum day on May 1-12 2016.  Thanks for the advice.

0 Likes
hafizahfini Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi david, i found this function. When u right click at the record, you can transfer the electronic document to another docstore.

i have tested it and maybe this one is your solution. You need to search for all the record that reside in each of the docstore. 

Capture.PNG

search using  store search. (i tested it but nothing came out, something wrong with my machine i guess). 

Capture1.PNG 

once the result search came out, right click at it and transfer storage.

give it a try in testing environment before you do it in prod. i am no expert, just sharing what i found. 

=)

Trusted Contributor..

I will investigate single file transfer in more detail but I was after a vendor supported solution to do bulk transfers. I could potentially then get rid of older and smaller file stores.  Use to build them small on separate mount points so back up was quick but these days things like snapshots are a solution.

I have seen other discussion about wiritng your own using the provided APIs but no real experience here.  Tend to use the vanilla product and adapt work processes.

Thankyou for your advice.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.