Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to become a TRIM Administrator?

I used TRIM Context 6.2 for a while at my ex workplace and have an interest in it. Based on my experience in computers and records, I plan to become a TRIM Administrator, but unfortunately, my current company doesn't have Records Managment system and I don't expect to learn from work. What can I do to achieve my goal?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to become a TRIM Administrator?

Hi 'TRIMer',

HP offers TRIM specific training in Administration, Implementation and Power User levels.

These courses would be the best place to start.

Otherwise, working in an organisation that uses TRIM would be the fastest way to learn.

TRIM is a huge product and takes many years to master, so using it day-to-day is really the only way to improve your knowledge and skill set.

Also keep in mind that many TRIM 'Administrators' also have a strong, traditional Records Management background. TRIM is based on real-world, physical records management practices and follows many records management laws and legislation (depending on country).

Some training/education in this area will help your understanding on TRIM and how it works. 🙂

Good luck!

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your response, Grundy.

I ever worked as a Network Administrator for 5 years after Uni, then became a Records&Archives Management Officer for another 5 years till I moved to Australia. After nearly 3 years here, I finally came back into the recordkeeping field here.

I ever read TRIM manuals including Power User and Adminstrator. It is not hard to understand because of my work background. This interests me to focus on TRIM.

Without day-to-day involvement in TRIM at my current workplace, I am searching for some training courses. 

I will keep in touch with you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi there

Does anyone have any contacts or companies they'd recommend for TRIM Administrator / Installation training? I could use some myself.

Thanks!

Mandy

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.