Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Naveen Kunju
Member.

How to bulk transfer files from Windows folders to CM9

I am new to HP CM9 and I want to transfer about 9000 files contained in about 360 folders from my Windows laptop to CM9. Is there an easy way to do this? Or someway to automate this rather than going to each folder manually and dragging and dropping those files?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Jamie Smith Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: How to bulk transfer files from Windows folders to CM9

Hello Naveen,

There is a tool you can use called 'dataport'.  I can't offer advice on how to use it because I haven't used it myself, but there seems to be a fair bit of information about it on this forum.  It was previously known as 'trimport' - searching for that may yield helpful information also.

Jamie.

Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

You could set up a Document Queue to automatically check in documents as records from a Windows Folder. 

From the CM Help File:

HPE Content Manager has a document queue function that enables you to set up a specific folder on a computer to check in documents from automatically.

Once set up, you can copy or save documents to the document queue folder and - depending on the processing options - HPE Content Manager will check in any document(s) currently in the document queue that have not yet been processed.

To view existing document queues, from the Manage ribbon, select Document Queues.

0 Likes
Naveen Kunju
Member.

Thanks for your answer.

Can you also please provide a link ot this help file which I can refer to and start this process?

There are about 900 files in more than 300 folders. So not sure how would I do it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Naveen

The Help File can be accessed via the Desktop Client:

Go to the top right of the CM Window, click the Blue Circle with a Question Mark (?) > then click Help

From here, you can find information on both methods discussed (DataPort and Document Queues).

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.