Highlighted
Super Contributor.. AldoH Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

How to rename an automatic subfolder when importing records into DataPort?

Hello,

I am importing records using DataPort, for this I am using a type of record folder which automatically generates 4 subfolders.When I import the records everything works correctly and both the folders and subfolders are generated correctly.

Now I need to know if it is possible to rename one of the subfolders automatically based on the name of the imported folder.

Each imported folder has the name of a building and the subfolders are called

• Documents
  • Building Information
  • ATP and
  • Building floorplans.

These subfolders are configured in the record type

What I need is that when each folder is imported, the subfolder called "Building Information" will concatenate at the end the name of the imported folder. For example, if the imported folder is called "Medical Clinic", the subfolder "Building Information" change its name to "Building Information - Medical Clinic"

Is it possible to achieve this? If this is possible, how can I achieve it?

I know that I can rename the imported folders manually. This would not be a problem if they are a few subfolders, but when I have to import hundreds of records, renaming manually comes back in many hours of work, even days to rename all subfolders.Thank you.

0 Likes
4 Replies
cjcrispin Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: How to rename an automatic subfolder when importing records into DataPort?

Hi,

So I gather that you want to automatically rename the lower level containers depending on the records that are going into them? If that's right -

I can't think of anyway of doing it at import time. Someone else may have a good solution.

You could instead write a program to re-title the containers, post-import, if it is easy to determine the correct title for the container from its own container and/or the records that it contains.   

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Hello

Indeed, the requirement is that lower level containers be renamed when the upper container is created. The lower level containers would take part of the name of the upper level container as part of their own name.

Users who made the request wanted something that did not depend on a code development, but I think I will have no choice. I think a service API could solve the problem.The service API would have to detect when a new container is created and then rename the lower level containers. There are several variables that I should consider, but I think something like this could be the solution.

I will work on it and share the results.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
MichaelQ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

If it is only a requirement during import then it should be simple
enough to make the modifications you need in a custom data formatter.

https://github.com/content-manager-sdk/Community/tree/master/Samples/SDK/CSharp/DataPortFormatter

The above link is to Tab delimited formatter. You could add your custom
container title change into the ItemProcessed function.
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Thank you very much for the help. I will test this and tell you the results.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.