Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

IDOL Silent install

Jump to solution

Hi,

we want to install CM9.4 IDOL OEM in a silent mode. i tried with below command but not worked.

start /wait msiexec.exe /i CM_IDOLComponents_x64.msi /qn /log "IDOL.log"

the log file shows

"MSI (s) (3C:00) [13:09:36:601]: Product: Content Manager IDOL Components x64 -- Installation failed.

MSI (s) (3C:00) [13:09:36:601]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Content Manager IDOL Components x64. Product Version: 9.40.341. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Micro Focus. Installation success or error status: 1625.

Info 1625.This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.
C:\CM94\Content_Manager_940_341\64BitInstalls\CM_IDOLComponents_x64.msi"

any one has the command? this will help us to build the entire CM instance without manual install.

thanks,

Sarath.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: IDOL Silent install

Jump to solution

I don't think CM IDOL is intended for silent installation, but it works for me if I use something like:

"C:\CM94Installers\CM_IDOLComponents_x64.msi" /passive /norestart /lwe "C:\CM94InstallLogs\CM_9.4.0.341_IDOL_Install.log" AddLocal=ContentService CFS_DOMAINNAME="MYDOMAIN" CFS_SERVICEUSER="SERVICEACCOUNT" CFS_SERVICEPASS="SERVICEPASSWORD"

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

If you find this post useful, please use the and/or buttons below.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I don't think CM IDOL is intended for silent installation, but it works for me if I use something like:

"C:\CM94Installers\CM_IDOLComponents_x64.msi" /passive /norestart /lwe "C:\CM94InstallLogs\CM_9.4.0.341_IDOL_Install.log" AddLocal=ContentService CFS_DOMAINNAME="MYDOMAIN" CFS_SERVICEUSER="SERVICEACCOUNT" CFS_SERVICEPASS="SERVICEPASSWORD"

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi @Neil Summers 

thanks for your quick reply. i had modified the script to install in a different directory.

CM_IDOLComponents_x64.msi /passive /norestart /lwe Install.log AddLocal=ContentService CFS_INSTALLDIR="D:\Program Files\Micro Focus\Content Manager" INSTALLDIR_INT="D:\Program Files\Micro Focus\Content Manager" CFS_SERVERDATADIR="D:\Micro Focus Content Manager\" CFS_DOMAINNAME="<Domain>" CFS_SERVICEUSER="<Service Account>" CFS_SERVICEPASS="<Service account password>".

After installing successfully, we need to enable the Content Indexing for each dataset. is there any command to do without user clicks.

the reason is we were building a silent install package (script) of CM, so that without human interaction all CM components can be installed. 

thanks,

Sarath.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

To me it makes sense to automate a client installation where there may be hundreds/thousands of desktops, but I haven't come across anyone wanting to fully automate server installations of CM before. I only do it for standing up test machines. 

For instance I don't expect anyone but the very smallest of sites wanting an out of the box IDOL OEM installation on a Production server that puts a single content engine and its index locally on the workgroup server.

What you may be planning to do is a default installation, and then replace the relevant config files with pre-configured copies - that might make sense to me. This is the approach you'd have to take with enabling the content indexing event for all datasets - set it all up in Enterprise Studio on one WGS, and then copy/deploy trimconfig.tcfg to the others (there's no automated way to configure this).

The reality is our expectation is server installations are typically done interactively because there are only a small number of them.

Neil

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi @Neil Summers 

you are rightly said. We were trying to implement "Auto Scaling" of the workgroup servers. so, when ever required without manual intervention the CM setup to be completed with all other configurations.

in did in the same way, configured all from Enterprise studio and later placed the "TrimConfig.tcfg" file on the new server, Content Indexing -> Create IDOL is in disabled state.

so, trying to find where these changes are configured. 

thanks,

Sarath.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.