Admiral Admiral
Admiral

IDOL and Document Content searching, Invoices $ dollars amount in RM 8.3

Hi,

We are using HPE RM8.3 Patch 2 on Win10, MS Office 2010, SQL 2012-R2 ;

The Kofax (now TA7) is integrated when we do Invoice processing and users are expecting to do a document content search on the dollar amount , e.g. in this format $25,899.99 but they are not able to do that, e.g. search produces 0 results. 

On this invoice, all other metadata is captured correctly in TRIM and can be searched on content, except this dollar amount string ..... So, the users can search on the invoice number, reference number, client number etc which are in the same invoice form row/table on the pdf invoice ...

Is is something special about the dollar amount here? I was not being able to search on content using even these strings: 25,899.99 , 25.899.99 25899.99 or 2589999 ... with ourwithout "$" dollar sign

Must mentioned the Dollar amount string is not represented in the title of the TRIM document (that invoice).

Can someone explaine to me how this dollar amount in these invoices is stored in the IDOL index ? We have few IDOL servers, where are these IDOL indexes stored , is this string combined from 3 rows/tables from TRIM?

Are these invoices/dollar amount strings searchable on some other way?

What should we tell to finance section users how to do search on the dollar amount?

Is this resolved in HPE CM9.2 ?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Are you searching with "" around the number?

Eg "25,899.99"

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Thanks, no i am not searching with inverted appostrophies ....

Also, i must mentioned that this number ( dollar amount on the invoice) is appearing on the page with and without the dollar sign ... does that matter? On top of the page somewhere, it appears without dollar sign but on the bottom it appears with a dollar sign. (Inclusive amount, no sign , the Total amount is with a dollar sign.)

This string is not searchable in either format .... with or without dollar sign

So, this is a PDF (B&W) documents extracted / deattached from the email I beieve ... TA7 is involved in the process of processing this invoice. Two pages of this purchase order: one is portrait, the other one (Terms and conditions or something similar) is Landscape oriented PDF.

foruminvoicedollarsign2018.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

This may be a silly question but I'm wondering if maybe Kofax is set up to only capture specific data from the invoice versus everything on it and that the dolllar amounts were inadvertently excluded?

Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Thanks, I am back;

Well, even if that is true, the TA7 is creating a PDF document and sending it to TRIM that IDOL then is (as the next logical step) supposed to process properly...e.g. IDOL index on content should pickup anything in the body of the document, right? Or I am mistaken..

Cheers

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.