Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

IDOL function aciObjectExecute() failed with ACICONTENT_ERRORTIMEOUT. Timeout when doing aciObjectE

Running RM 8.1 - windows

Yesterday afternoon we recieved the following error, im wondering if anyone can provide me with any information on this please.

IDOL function aciObjectExecute() failed with ACICONTENT_ERRORTIMEOUT. Timeout when doing aciObjectExecute

thanks in advance

K

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Restart your indexing server. and wait for 15 minutes and then see.

It happened for me also.  Restarting of Indexing server worked.

Let me know if any concerns

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Where you saw this timeout, and when performing what task, would make this question a lot easier to answer. Timeouts are a perfectly normal thing and there are configuration settings to allow you to set appropriate timeouts.

I've attached a knowlegebase article all about IDOL timeouts.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

If you find this post useful, please use the and/or buttons below.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

One recommendation for the readers (in reply to Nit_Kum's advice to "restart the indexing server"):

It's never a good idea to just restart an IDOL server without first stopping the IDOL services properly. If indexing is in progress when an IDOL server is simply restarted, the indexing will be interrupted, the index potentially corrupted, and IDOL will usually need to run a whole bunch of index validation/repair/rebuild processes on restart to get it up and running properly again. This can take a long time, needs to be allowed to complete, and may or may not fix any index corruption caused by the restart.

KM00209246 - Proper method to stop HP TRIM IDOL Windows Services

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

If you find this post useful, please use the and/or buttons below.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks Neil for letting us know that IDOL services needs to be stopped prior to restart.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.