Highlighted
Morrissey Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Incorrect, non-relative error message relating to Closed Files in HPRM

Could I please add the following strong suggestion to the next patch of HPRM?

- currently if you try and contain a new document to a "Closed" HPRM container you get the following message -

"<field name.............> Field Cannot be Left Blank"

- does it make sense to the end-user - no, it makes them think they're having a possible database table/ technical issue or that they've input no container number, yet they can see it displayed (see also attached screen shot):

- Id recommend the following : "The Container Record has now been closed - navigate to the next part or volume (use KwikSelect) to contain to"

HPRM 8.1,.17919 32 bit

1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Incorrect, non-relative error message relating to Closed Files in HPRM

Hello, the good news is that has been improved already, I just ran the test that you suggested in 8.3 patch 2 

And if there is a new volume or part you get the following message:

message2.JPG

and if there is no open part you get:

message.JPG

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.