Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Increase outlook folder name size limit - TRIM outlook add-in

Jump to solution

Hi,

We use TRIM 7.2.1 with MS Office 2007. When one of our users tried to create a TRIM  linked folder in outlook, she got the following message:

"Property 'Name' is limited to 50 characters of text. Please supply a shorter string value." Is there any way to increase this character limit on the folder name? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Shameer

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Increase outlook folder name size limit - TRIM outlook add-in

Jump to solution

Just tested in 7.21 and office 2010 and received the same error.

Looks to be part of the code, as you can create Outlook folders that have more than 50 characters.

From what I could see there wasn't much you could do regarding increasing it. You could consider requesting an enhancement request if you really needed it changed.

Personally I would just give it a shorter title.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Just tested in 7.21 and office 2010 and received the same error.

Looks to be part of the code, as you can create Outlook folders that have more than 50 characters.

From what I could see there wasn't much you could do regarding increasing it. You could consider requesting an enhancement request if you really needed it changed.

Personally I would just give it a shorter title.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Thanks Greg.

Shameer
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

No problem mate

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I beleive that one can change the length of the Folder Title (to over 50 characters) after the TRIM link has been created.

Works for 7.21 / Outlook 2010

Adam
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Interesting, thanks for the tip.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.