Highlighted
Visitor.

Index Specific entry located in connected database

Hello everyone. 

I have a problem. I have a database and the entries of it, indexes at a specific time in IDOL indexing server. The problem is that a speficic entry has not been indexed for reason. Is there any way to force index it? Ideally, for a URL action call.  I know that DREREGENERATE may be what I want but I don't understand how to specify my entry ID. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Easiest method is via the desktop client as an Administrator - see Administration Tab > IDOL Indexes > Records

You can set the criteria for records to be reindexed in the same way you'd search for records (record ID, date range, title, owner etc.)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Thank you for your answer!

If I understand correctly this way is for a context that is already been indexed in IDOL and I want to reindex it, am I right?

What if an entry has failed to be indexed and I need to force index it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

As Sten28 says....you can choose to index a specific item by specifying the objects uri.  Whether its been indexed or not you can specify it to be indexed again..

InfocentriK Helpdesk
InfocentriK Limited
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.