Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. LP126 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Integrate/Connect CM with Agenda Program

Hello!

First let me start by saying I have no I.T. background so I apologize if there is an obvious answer to this or I'm not using the right 'terms'

Is there a way to connect another program to Content Manager?  We are currently using an Agenda Program (through icompass) and want to store certain documents created in the agenda program to Content Manager.

Right now we have to export the documents from the agenda program, save them to a folder, and then import them to CM.  The Agenda Program can be integrated with Laserfiche - if that helps.

Thank you!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Jamie Smith Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Integrate/Connect CM with Agenda Program

Hi LP126, Integration of other software with CM/TRIM is normally done through integration tools/addons that Micro Focus provides specifically for TRIM, assuming there is one written for your other software, or at least will work with it in some manner.  There may also be some tools/addons available from third parties.

Another option is to make your own integration or contract somebody to do it for you.  TRIM has a very capable API that can be used to load documents into it.  If Agenda Program has an API that allows document extraction, then it should be possible to create integration software that routine exports from Agenda Program and imports into TRIM automatically.  Using powershell script may be another option if Agenda Program supports command line arguments to import documents etc.

Is it possible to drag and drop documents out of Agenda Program into Windows Explorer as files?  Trim can handle and drag and drop of files into it to create new records, so it may be possible to drag and drop straight from Agenda to TRIM.  That would still be a manual process but it would be simpler.

Trusted Contributor.. LP126 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Integrate/Connect CM with Agenda Program

Thank you!! I appreciate the response! 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.